The BBS is no longer approving providers of continuing education credits. Accredited or approved postsecondary institutions are automatically approved, as are professional associations, such as CALPCC, CAMFT, AAMFT-CA, NASW-CA, etc. Other providers will need to be approved by one of the approval agencies recognized by the BBS. A list of these approval agencies, as well as further explanation of this new policy, is available on the BBS website: http://www.bbs.ca.gov/pdf/forms/pce_faqs_102014.pdf
The following providers are either automatically approved by the BBS as a postsecondary institution or a professional association or by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), a recognized Approval Agency.
Approved providers are invited to advertise their courses Advertise
Click here for a review of the continuing education courses required for licensure.
CALPCC does not endorse providers.
Provides online CE courses in:
Also see graduate credit courses available at Alliant International University
- Understanding & Treating Addictive Disorders (15 contact hours)
- Clinical Approaches, Addressing Human Sexuality with Couples (10 contact hours)
- Domestic Violence: Assessment & Treatment Considerations (15 contact hours)
- Child Abuse: Introduction, Assessment and Treating (7 contact hours)
- Aging and Long-Term Care (3 contact hours;10 required for licensure)
- Understanding Health & Illness in Older Adults: Mind/Body Interplay (10 contact hours)
- Grief and Trauma Counseling (15 contact hours)
- HIV/AIDS ( 7 contact hours, one-time renewal requirement)
- Law and Ethics ( 6 contact hours, each renewal period)
- Diversity Training for Mental Health Providers (7 hours) http://ce-psychology.com/diversity.html
Aspira Continuing Education
Provides Online CE Courses such as:
- Aging and Long Term Care (10 hrs)
- Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Dependency (15 hrs)
- Child Abuse Assessment and Reporting (7 hrs)
- Crisis and Trauma Counseling (15 hrs)
- Human Sexuality (10 hrs)
- Law and Professional Ethics (18 hrs)
- Spousal and Partner Abuse (15 hrs)
- Plus many more
Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences (AATBS)www.aatbs.com
Provides online CE courses in:
- Substance Abuse and Dependency (15 contact hours)
- Human Sexuality (10 contact hours)
- Spousal Abuse Assessment & Reporting: (15 contact hours)
- Child Abuse Assessment & Reporting (7 contact hours)
- California Laws & Ethics for Counselors (18 contact hours)
- Aging (10 contact hours)
- Crisis and Trauma Counseling (15 contact hours)
- HIV & Aids: A Therapist's Reference Guide to Treatment Issues (7 contact hours)
- California Laws & Ethics for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (6 contact hours)
Note: A coupon code “CLDW” has been provided by AATBS for a 20% discount for their CE courses and test preparation courses. Enter the code in the appropriate designated place online, or give the coupon code when registering by phone. Coupon code is not valid on CE course "bundles," which have a different discount, or the graduate credit courses.
Select Graduate Course menu item on the left to see graduate credit courses in Psychopharmacology, Career Development and Research, available through AATBS in partnership with an accredited university.
See Exam Prep Providers for our review courses for the CA Law & Ethics Exam and the NCMHCE.
National Association of Social Workers ~ California Chapter
NASW-CA Online CE Program
California BBS Approved
E-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Large Library with Free Courses
- Mandated Pre-license Coursework
- Mandated License Renewal Courses
- Many Formats including Multimedia
- Responsive Customer Service