CALPCC Mission, Vision, Goals
Following is the vision, mission and goals of California Association for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors
To provide leadership for legislative, advocacy and promotional efforts on behalf of Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC) in California.
To build and support the recognition and effective utilization of Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC) in California as distinct and valuable providers within the clinical mental health profession.
- To provide on-going protection for LPCCs through legislative action, regulatory advocacy and organized contact with California legislators.
- To protect consumers of counseling services in California by continuing to strengthen qualifications and ethical practice standards for LPCCs in California.
- To promote the understanding and visibility of LPCCs to the public.
- To represent LPCCs at meetings of the Board of Behavioral Sciences and statewide coalitions of mental health providers.
- To serve and represent the common professional and business interests of LPCCs to ensure parity with other licensed mental health professionals.
- To provide relevant information to LPCCs regarding legal, ethical, business or practice concerns, and trends and legislation at the national level.
- To provide community building and professional development for LPCCs through workshops, conferences and virtual methods of communication.
- To include the expertise and advice on legislative/advocacy issues from the various counseling specialties to enhance the common good for all LPCCs and the counseling profession in California.